Nattali Rize Releases Empowering Music Video “Evolutionary” ft. Jah9 & Dre Island
Working across multiple continents, Nattali Rize continues her mission to empower and inspire collective freedom through her new music video “Evolutionary”. In a male driven genre, two strong female reggae artists shine to paint a picture of a bright future for women in 2019. The thought provoking video was shot in the dynamic city of Kingston, Jamaica. A standout track from Nattali’s debut album Rebel Frequency, “Evolutionary” features wise and intuitive words from Jah9 and the rebellious intellect of Dre Islandon a tuff riddim from UK heavyweight producer Lotek. An international all-star Rebel line up have teamed up for this one!
Reflecting on the song, Nattali Rize says, “Revolution is the evolution of our consciousness and mind, meaning the more we know and love ourselves, the more we are able to know and love another. We start to understand that our daily words, thoughts, feelings and actions are our powers to create a future we want to see, to free our own minds from the overarching slave systems of society thereby elevating a portion of human consciousness and showing others that everything is possible. Dre Island and Jah9 were a joy to collaborate with and are real Evolutionary artists, along with this undeniably tuff riddim from the super talented Lotek, the energy infused in this audio visual expression is potent and necessary for sharing our side of the common story of life on earth in this evolving time.”
Following an extended creative stay in Kingston in 2014, Nattali now lives where the music takes her. Modern technology and a tireless world travel schedule have broken down artistic barriers, allowing her 2017 Rebel Frequency album to be put together between the cultural hubs of Kingston, Jamaica, and Australia. The term ‘social change’ is not quite enough for Nattali, her thinking is more along the lines of “full systemic overhaul!” with Rebel Frequency Nattali declares “We’re here to deliver a different frequency to what is being transmitted by the current world system and culture of consumerism and mental slavery. Our words, melodies, rhythms, and intentions are to empower and inspire full freedom – that frequency is a rebel in this paradigm.”
Already building a strong impression with established artists and events, Nattali Rize’s message is not only about building up your own mental and spiritual freedom, but standing up and resisting the oppression of others. She has already seen high praise from top-tier outlets such as Rolling Stone, NPR, and Yahoo Music.
Rebel Frequency was written and recorded at the legendary Tuff Gong Studios with additional recording at home studios Rize built in both Kingston and Australia. The Album sees Nattali teaming up with renowned musicians Unga Barunga (drums), Jason Welsh (bass), Phillip ‘Winta’ James(keyboards), Stephen ‘Reverend’ Maxwell (keyboards), Lamont ‘Monty’ Savory (guitars), and Tammi T Moncrieffe (backing vocals). Long time Rize collaborator Carlo Santone aka CR38OR oversees production on the project, which also includes productions from the likes of Notis Heavyweightrockaz (JA). The freedom provided by multiple studios and producers allowed Nattali to continue working on the album around her busy touring schedule, making sure no moment of inspiration fell through the cracks.
The songs on Rebel Frequency speak powerful volumes, urging the listener’s attention to tune in. According to Nattali, the album symbolizes “the current evolution of the frequencies we are forming and amplifying as musician, artist, and human. It’s about continuing to expand and extend our musical inspiration and connection to our global family.”
Nattali Rize has already created quite the stir on an international level, and will hit the road this February for a US tour with GRAMMY nominated band Common Kings! Fans can expect epic, high energy, thought provoking and uplifting live performances. The music, message & intention transcends. Get ready to be moved!
- Feb 7 – Thu – Discovery w/ Bad Seeds – Ventura, CA
- Feb 8 – Fri – The Ritz w/ Sammy J – San Jose, CA
- Feb 10 – Sun – One Love Festival – Long Beach, CA
- Feb 14 – Thu – OP Rockwell CK TOUR -Park City, UT
- Feb 15 – Fri – Warehouse 2565 – Grand Junction, CO
- Feb 16 – Sat – Agave – Vail, CO
- Feb 17 – Sun – Aggie Theatre – Ft Collins, CO
- Feb 19 – Tue – The Reef – Boise, ID
- Feb 20 – Wed – Big Dipper – Spokane, WA
- Feb 21 – Thu – Clearwater Casino – Sqaumish, WA
- Feb 22 – Fri – Distrik – Victoria, BC
- Feb 23 – Sat – Venue – Vancouver, BC
- Feb 24 – Sun – Wild Buffalo – Bellingham, WA
- Feb 27 – Wed – Crystal Bay – Tahoe, CA
- Feb 28 – Thu – Ace of Spades – Sacramento, CA
- Mar 1 – Fri – Mystic Theatre – Peteluma, CA
- Mar 2 – Sat – Freemont Theatre – SLO, CA
- Mar 3 – Sun – Catalyst w/ New Kingston – Santa Cruz, CA
- Mar 5 – Tue – Blue Lake Casino – Blue Lake, CA
- Mar 8 – Fri – The Cave – Big Bear, CA
- Mar 9 – Sat – Observatory – San Diego, CA
- Mar 15 – Fri – Reggae Rise Up – St Pete, FL
- Mar 17 – Sun – Key West Pier – Key West, FL